Dear Boston Families,
The usual “back-to-school” jitters that many of us — and our children have — take on far greater meaning in the age of coronavirus. During this time, SchoolFacts Boston will do its best to serve as a resource for you. The following is our latest reopening update:
BOSTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS REOPENING
- The Boston Public Schools will start schools remotely on September 21.
- Hybrid instruction is slated to begin in a staggered manner in October and November.
- Individual schools will inform students of their group status.
- Hybrid Learning start dates are as follows:
- Thursday, October 1: In-school learning for students with the highest needs
- Thursday, October 15 (B) & Monday, October 19 (A): Grades K0, K1, K2 Thursday, October 22 (B) & Monday, October 26 (A): Grades 1 – 3
- Thursday, November 5 (B) & Monday, November 9 (A): Grades 4 – 8
- Monday, November 16 (A) & Thursday, November 19 (B): Grades 9 – 12
- Families may opt to keep their students at home for remote learning at their discretion.
METCO & CHARTER SCHOOL REOPENING
- Reopening plans for your child’s charter school or METCO districts can be found here.
PRIVATE & PAROCHIAL REOPENING
- The Catholic schools run by the Archdiocese of Boston have listed their opening plans here.
- Your child’s school should communicate its plan to you; check their website or call them directly if you have not heard of their reopening plan.
STATE & CITY REOPENING INFORMATION
- State reopening guidelines for schools can be found here in several languages.
- Here is information on the percentages of districts starting remotely vs. in-person.
- New Requirement: The state now requires mandatory flu shots for ages 6 months or older in childcare through college age.
- Gov. Baker announced mobile testing centers for schools that need it.
- Boston has taken additional measures of safety to protect students and staff.
- Check these links for regular updates from BPS and Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- To view the state’s daily Covid-19 dashboard, click here.
Please let us know what additional information would be helpful by emailing us at email@example.com.